Hello, December! Wow, wow, wow! Another month has come and gone! (I know that’s how life works but it’s crazy to me how fast it actually goes!) I cannot believe we will be welcoming a brand new year in less than 30 days. I am so excited and ready to see what 2020 holds. This year was one for the books and couldn’t be more grateful for everything in life.
Honestly, just the fact my family and I are healthy is a huge miracle. I strongly believe health is wealth and truly feel blessed to wake up every day. Speaking of blessings, in case you don’t know, I’ve started a new challenge known as 75 Hard. It consists of five things for 75 consecutive days:
- Follow a diet that aligns with my fitness goals
- Read ten pages from a personal growth/development book
- Drink one gallon of water
- Workout twice per day for 45 minutes (one workout must be outside)
- Take a progress photo every single day
There are no breaks, no cheat days, and no excuses. If it’s raining outside during my workout, I must continue. If I don’t feel well, I must push through. The hardest part so far is drinking one gallon of water. I know I’ll get through it though…I keep telling myself all of these things are for my own good! The thing I tell myself each morning is, “I get to wake up and have the opportunity to move my body.” (What a huge blessing.) This thought always motivates me to go to the gym (or push through a tough day) because it triggers me to think of the sick or less fortunate who are unable to move. Having said that, I am pumped for the results – not only for the physical part but for the intangible. I know this challenge will continue to push me to do the things I don’t necessarily feel like doing. I certainly think it will help me become more confident in everything I do. Last but not least, I hope it challenges me to try new things, foods, workouts, etc.
If you’re interested in learning more, head over to the MFCEO podcast, episode #290. I’ve shared this podcast before here. I refer to the host as my uncle, Andy Frisella. He has seriously changed my life. I’ve been listening to him for over two years and I can say he has pushed me to a whole new level. (Thank you, Uncle Andy!)
Onto the top five blog posts in November:
- My Q&A with Voyage Houston – There has been plenty of highlights revolving around my blog this year and this was definitely one of them. In case you missed it, you can read all about it here. It was a great opportunity to share with the community why I started my blog in the first place. Thank you for allowing this to happen, it wouldn’t have been possible without you.
- Easy Holiday Decoration Hack – Read this blog post to see how I transition Thanksgiving decor to Christmas decor!
- Cute Fall Outfit by Target – ALL of these items are still in stock in a few sizes and they’re on SALE! HURRY!
- It’s Down Syndrome Awareness Month – This blog post was published last year in collaboration with my sweet friend. I guess it’s still circulating since October (Down Syndrome Awareness Month) wasn’t that long ago – how cool is that!?!
- Who What Wear Oversized Sweatshirt – This little baby is sold out in black but still available in a few sizes in gray. Oh…and it’s on clearance for $23! Perfect staple for winter.
That is a wrap for today! Thank you so much for reading. I am working to update the blog with gift ideas to help with your Christmas shopping. I will be sharing those updates through IG stories this week so stay tuned for that.