We are kicking off a new year and you are probably wondering which books to read to help you grow this year. Look no further because today, on mrsprofresh.com, I am sharing a list of top personal development books.
I don’t know the exact number of books I have read related to personal development but I can say it is a lot. Most books have been good but only a few made a lasting impact.
Here are my top personal development books
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- If you are on the pursuit of a specific goal, I highly encourage you to order this book right now and read it as soon as possible. This book really hits on focusing on the one thing that will get you from here to there. It will help you understand why it’s important to hone in on one thing before trying to tackle a lot of different things. It is okay to dream big and have a lot of goals. But it is even more important to become an expert in one thing first before expanding onto to the next.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- To this day, I am constantly working on The Four Agreements. Because of this book, I am a better wife, friend, sister, daughter, colleague, neighbor, and stranger. It is a short read that will make you pause and think about the concepts presented throughout the book. I highly encourage this book to anyone looking to improve their spirit, attitude, and energy.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- This was probably the first book I read out of my own will. I was 19, a sophomore in college. This book reaffirmed everything I was doing from the time I was 17 years old. Ever since, I’ve been carefully curating the life I have today. (And I am not done crafting and manifesting the life I desire.) If you have no clue what I am referring to, please pick up this book and read it. It’s another short read that will present concepts that will make you think critically.
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- I am not the biggest fan of Grant Cardone because I cannot handle his attitude sometimes. However, he wrote one helluva book. This book gave me so much energy and motivation that I think I need to read it again this year. It forces you to look within and take ownership of your life. I thought this book was so great that I wrote an entire blog post sharing 10 reasons why you should read this book. I’ll link that blog post here.
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- For the first time in my life, I read a book about negotiating. I don’t care what profession you are in, this book will teach you basic principles about negotiating that will apply to your life somehow. For example, I recently negotiated the price for my extended warranty on my car. By the end of our one hour conversation, I was able to bring down the price by $1K. 😉
Well, that’s a wrap for today’s top personal development books! I hope one of these books sparked your interest enough to order it so you can read it. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate on reaching out. I would be happy to help. Email me at email@example.com or shoot a message on Instagram.
Here’s to the first week of the year…cheers!