Happy, happy Monday, my lovely! I hope you’re having a wonderful day so far. Today, on mrsprofresh.com, I am sharing 10 reasons why you should read The 10X Rule, which is a book by Grant Cardone (or Uncle G). He’s a New York Times Bestselling Author and entrepreneur of various enterprises.
So what is The 10X Rule?
“The 10X Rule is the one thing that will guarantee that you will get what you want in amounts greater than you ever thought imaginable. It can work in every area of life – spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, familial, and financial. The 10X Rule is based on understanding how much effort and thought are required to get anything done successfully.”– Grant Cardone, The 10X Rule
Based on this definition, the 10X Rule has two facets. The first is, setting goals that are 10 times bigger than normal (or realistic) goals. And the second is, putting in 10 times the work (or amount of activity) to achieve those goals. Get it? Massive goals followed by massive actions.
For those who have ambitious goals, this book is a must-read. And here’s why…
- First and foremost, it calls you out on being (and thinking) average. Most importantly, you will realize the average standard doesn’t work in any area of life.
- Uncle G breaks down the four biggest mistakes people make when setting goals. They are:
- Mistargeting by setting goals too low and not allowing enough correct motivation.
- Underestimating what it will take in terms of actions, resources, money, and energy to accomplish the goal(s).
- Spending too much time competing instead of dominating.
- Underestimating the amount of adversity they will need to overcome in order to achieve a goal.
- You’ll quickly learn the four degrees of action. Your choices are to: do nothing, retreat, take normal levels of action (aka be average), or take massive action.
- Not only that, you will also learn why it is a problem to set goals too low.
- The 10X Rule will remind you of the importance of having a “can do” attitude.
- You’ll also be reminded of the importance of embracing challenges.
- You will learn that successful individuals love to solve problems. My mama’s words are engraved in my brain, “Don’t just look at the problem, solve it.” Before complaining about something, I ask myself, “What have I done to contribute to the solution?”
- The 10X rule will also teach you that persistence is everything.
- You will learn that you have to be interested in the results. This approach has taught me so much over the past few weeks. Instead of writing another to-do list, I am focused on the end result for each task. For example, instead of writing on my planner “Write blog post for Wednesday”, I now replace that with, “Schedule blog post for Wednesday.”
- Last but not least, always be dedicated to continuous learning. This should go unsaid but the best investment you’ll ever make is the one you make on yourself. Can I get an amen?
Well, that is a wrap for today, my sweet friend. I really hope this blog post has inspired you to tap into your personal development growth. Having this type of mindset is what will move you forward in life. You must be invested in yourself by immersing yourself with new information, skills, knowledge, and massive action. As always, if you have any questions, comments, or insight, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a DM on Instagram or comment below on this blog post. I love hearing from you!
Please note this blog post contains affiliate links that help support the blog should you decide to make a purchase. All opinions, ideas, and thoughts are my own. And no one else’s. Because I value your trust and readership, I would not do anything to violate it. Thank you for your continued support!