Once again, I am back as a guest on mrsprofresh.com. On today’s blog post, I am sharing my favorite book recommendations.
Before we get into the books, I want to share that I was not always a fan of reading. It all changed last year when a couple of friends wanted to start a book club. Now, if you are a TikTok user, and love reading, then you may have found yourself in BookTok. Here you will find the best recommendations and all the hot book trends that everyone is talking about. Because of BookTok, our first read was none other than the Colleen Hoover “It Ends With Us”. This book will leave you emotional, it was the best book to start our book club!
Ever since reading that book, I have not stopped buying more books. One thing I love about reading these stories is that they provide life lessons regardless if it’s told through fictional or non-fictional writing. If you think about it, these stories are stemmed from the author’s personal experiences/perspectives on life. I have loved each of the books mentioned here so much so that I carry a piece of them everywhere I go.
That said, let’s get into my favorite books to read. Disclaimer: The genre I like to read is Young Adult, Romance, and Thriller.
Books to Read
- Number 1: As I said before, this book left me in pieces. When it comes to Hoover’s writing, it is always effective. From the smallest details to the characters, this story is honest and evocative. Inspired from her mother and father’s relationship, this book talks about heartache and love.
- Number 2: This book was my first reading that was a psychological thriller. Knowing that Hoover was the author, I felt this was a safe choice. You will for sure read twisted and unexpected events.
- Number 3: “Silent Patient” is another psychological thriller. Once I started this book, it was hard to put it down. It is a story about a woman’s act of violence against her husband and the therapist is obsessed with uncovering her motive. It had a crazy ending! Highly recommend if you enjoy thrillers.
- Number 4: “The Seven Husbands” is an amazing beach read! Discover a Hollywood actress tell the truth about her glamorous and scandalous life.
- Number 5: This book is another favorite! If you haven’t noticed – I’m a sucker for romance!! The story entails two characters who discover the power of love and the importance of overcoming past traumas.
- Number 6: This was my first read by Elena Armas. I researched more about her and discovered her stories are similar to each other. She has a unique way of reintroducing characters, making it appear as if all her books are connected. You will uncover steamy scenes and thrilling plots in this contemporary romance.
- Number 7: If you have heard of this novel, it may be because they released a series with Amazon Studios. “The Summer I Turned Pretty” is another amazing beach read. This novel is more on the young adult genre, as it tells a story of a bittersweet summer romance and self-discovery.
- Number 8: “Remarkably Bright Creatures” is my current read of the month. I am halfway through the book but need to pickup the pace before our book club meets again. This is Shelby’s debut novel and it’s about taking a hard look at the past to uncover a future that once felt impossible.
Well, that’s a wrap on today’s blog post about my favorite books to read! I hope you enjoyed it and feel inspired to pickup one of these books to read. With summer around the corner, it is the perfect time to pickup a book to read by the pool or beach. Or go to your favorite coffee shop, park, or from the comfort of your bed, and start reading. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Ps. In case you missed the first blog post I wrote, check it out HERE. I shared my favorite go-to makeup and skincare products. <3