Calling all future brides! To kick off this month’s series of marriage, wedding, etc., I am sharing details about the bridal shop I purchased my wedding gown from and a few top gown picks! Whittington Bridal made my experience an unforgettable one so I am just spreading the good news about this gem.
Whittington Bridal is located in Kingwood, Texas, it is approximately 30 minutes north of Downtown Houston. This beautiful bridal shop offers a wide selection of handpicked designer gowns and bridesmaid dresses. Their curated selection of designer gowns come in every imaginable size and style. The team is committed to carrying gowns that meet their standards: high quality fabrics, excellent fit, and beautiful details, all at a budget-friendly price tag. Their mission is to create a memorable experience for the future bride and to give back to the community.
During the month of July, for every purchased gown, they are donating $50 to Elijah Rising. Elijah Rising is an organization committed to ending sex trafficking through prayer, awareness, intervention, and restoration. If you have been following my blogging journey for a while, you know I’ve volunteered in the past for this organization by participating in the Houston interventions. The next one is at the end of the month (July 26th), if anyone is interested in joining, click here to sign up. I think it is so neat (and not a coincidence) Whittington Bridal is partnering with an organization I am so passionate about! What an amazing opportunity for future brides to give back to the community as well.
The reason this bridal shop has a special place in my heart is because they made my wedding dress shopping experience a memorable one. Yes, yes, the mimosas and champagne were the cherry on top, but the longer I thought about it, the more reasons I came up with to explain my love for them.
- The space is beautiful and elegant.
- All of the stages, even the medium-sized ones, are stunning! They all feature perfect lighting and mirrors.
- The consultants are out of this world genuine, bubbly, and helpful. They are so good about listening and making you feel like you’re the only person in the room.
- The variety of dresses is wide, it will be hard not to find something that speaks to you! Plus, they are in the process of rolling out their private collection online. If you go to the store, you can definitely see it in person already.
- The price points are budget-friendly.
- The have a big selection of plus size gowns and off-the-rack collection of dresses – this means you are able to take your dress home the day of.
- They offer a 15% discount for purchasing your gown the day of your appointment – the standard discount of most places is 10%.
- The sample gowns are beautifully handled and clean. This is helpful because even though you aren’t purchasing the sample, you want to get a feel for the actual gown you’ll be purchasing.
- They are the only bridal shop in Houston that carries the Kendra Scott bridal collection! This is perfect because you can style a few pieces with THE dress.
- Last but not least, this is a giving bridal store. They care about the community and prove it through their actions.
To read more about my experience from last year’s blog post, click here.
Let’s move on to the details about each pick! (All of the dresses can be found on Whittington’s website except for one. More details below.)
This beauty reminds me so much of the gown I wore. Personally, I love the high neck and the illusion plunge. It contains intricate details in all areas. This fit to flare gown is ideal for the bride who wants to show her natural curves. I think this dress looks amazing as is – ordering it in ivory or white would tone down the details.
Whittington Bridal Private Collection – Ball Gown
If this dress isn’t the epitome of dreamy, I don’t know what is. I love every aspect of this little number. It’s classic, simple, and elegant. The v-neck is keeping things sexy without losing the classiness aspect. A super comfortable option since it is actually light in weight. Whittington Bridal will soon roll out their private collection online, and once they do, I’ll be sure to add the link to this beauty.
Currently, I am pretty obsessed with this fit to flare sheath gown. I would definitely consider this number as an option for an intimate wedding celebration or for a vow renewal celebration. I am pretty set on renewing ours every five years – haha! It is elegant, sophisticated, and sexy. I am in love with the details on the back and more.
This beautiful a-line is beyond flattering. It’s perfect for the bride who desires an accentuated waist without losing the comfortability aspect. Again, another dress I would consider buying as is. The contrasting color helps set the romantic mood for the dress.
To see actual footage of each pick, there’s an IGTV video on my profile (click here to view). Through the IGTV video, you’ll also learn more about Whittington Bridal’s process for helping you find the dress. To book your appointment, click here.
Also, for your daily dose of laughter, please do yourself a favor and follow Whittington Bridal! The girls are hilarious and they’ll easily become your online girlfriends. I’ll link their profile here.
I hope you enjoyed today’s topic! If you know a bride-to-be, I would really appreciate it if you shared this post with her, especially if she’s in the Houston or surrounding area.
Last but not least – thank you Whittington Bridal for making me feel like a part of the family! Tiffany, thank you for being so sweet and taking time out of your day to hang out with me.