I know how easy it is to fall into a slump during this time. I’ve been there…and sometimes keep going there. I have been leaning on the following five things to help me feel better:
- Calling my mom and sisters. I’ve always known calling any of these ladies make my day, especially during this time. We talk about everything from family updates to future family trips. My little sister has been surprising me with FaceTime chats and I absolutely love them! They truly brighten up my day.
- Maybe you don’t have siblings but perhaps you can call your best friend? I scheduled a phone date with my best friend and we talked for over three hours!!!! It was the best.
- Scheduling FaceTime game nights with my cousins. We have yet to schedule another game night but our first one was so much fun! If you have yet to do one of these, I highly recommend to jump on it! We played Never Have I Ever and learned so much from each other – LOL! It was the perfect game to tell the craziest stories too!
- Maybe you don’t have cousins to have game night with but maybe you can ask your closest friends. (Download the Houseparty app to play built-in games! Heads up is one of them, I think that one would be so much fun!)
- Playing music….super loud! Honestly, getting turnt by myself has become a ritual! I LOVE IT! Crazy might be getting the best of me and I am totally okay with it at this point.
- Making a cocktail. Need I say much? Try this Watermelon Margarita or this Mezcal Mule. And if you do, let me know what you think!
- Walking outside has never been more therapeutic. Listen, being by myself all day can take a toll on me IF I let it. By Friday night, I am ready to mingle and interact with other humans, and then I remember the reality of what’s happening. It sucks. It really does suck. And I hate the thought of this going into the summer, but hey, what can you do?!? Gotta stay focused and positive.
I hope these five simple little things inspire you to do one (or all) when you’re also feeling down.