Spring is officially around the corner! And you know what that means – we are bringing you spring-cleaning tips that could help you on much-needed cleaning to help welcome the new season.
I don’t know about you, but I love the turning of a new season. It is the perfect time to declutter the home and create space for newness and freshness.
That said, let’s get into the top spring-cleaning tips to help you get your home in order.
Spring Cleaning Tips
- Start with a plan: Before you dive into your spring cleaning, take some time to create a plan. Make a list of the rooms and areas you want to tackle and prioritize them based on what needs the most attention. This will help you stay organized, and focused, so you don’t overlook important tasks. Also, a plan could help you not get overwhelmed!
- Declutter first: This is the perfect time to get rid of anything you no longer need or use. Go through closets, cabinets, and drawers, and get rid of anything that doesn’t serve a purpose or bring you joy. You can donate, sell, or recycle items that are still in good condition.
- Clean from top to bottom: When cleaning a room, start from the top and work your way down. This will prevent dust and dirt from settling on surfaces you’ve already cleaned. Begin by dusting ceilings, light fixtures, and fans, and then move on to the furniture, windows, and walls. Finish with cleaning the floors.
- Deep clean carpets and rugs: Let’s be real – with the holiday season just ending, you know you owe your carpets and/or rugs a deep cleaning. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt and then use a carpet cleaner (or hire a professional) for a thorough cleaning.
- Clean windows and curtains: Spring is the perfect time to let the sunshine in, but dirty windows and curtains is a no-no. One of the things I plan to do is take our curtains to the dry cleaners to have them dry cleaned.
- Address the maintenance issues: For example, we plan to regrout areas throughout the home and paint over kinks on the walls. But this could mean changing air filters, descaling filters, changing refrigerator filters, etc.
- Take care of outdoor spaces: Spring cleaning isn’t just about the inside of your home. Take some time to clean up outdoor spaces such as patios, decks, and gardens. Sweep away any debris, remove dead plants, and prepare the soil for new growth.
These are some essential spring-cleaning tips to help you get your home in order. Take it for what it’s worth to help you tidy up your spaces. Little details like cleaning the baseboards, dusting the cabinets, or even reorganizing the kitchen pantry, can really make a difference. I truly believe this does something positive to your mental health as well. It is very liberating!
I hope you took away some inspiration to begin your spring cleaning this season. As always, if you feel compelled to reach out, you can email me at email@example.com or send a DM on Instagram!
Ps. If you want my top tips on how to declutter your closet, head over to this blog post.