Are you planning to visit Puerto Vallarta? Add this to your itinerary – The Picnic Company.
It is THE ultimate picnic experience, and wanna know what is sweeter than life by the beach?
A picnic on the beach.
About The Picnic Company
Since 2017, The Picnic Company has brought happiness to people. Marc, the owner, and his wonderful team, create the most elaborate picnic experiences. Whether you want a picnic by the beach, Airbnb, or you’re a local, and want to host at your home, they do it all.
Marc is originally from Germany and now he’s living his dream in Puerto Vallarta. I met the man, and let me tell you something about him, I could tell he genuinely cared. He cares about his clients, employees, and the local community. He strongly believes in giving back to the local community, especially young women and children, which is something I admire him for. Each year, he organizes a fundraising event that benefits the youth trying to reach higher education.
Needless to say, I am happy our paths crossed because Marc is my kind of people.
How does it work?
If you are interested in The Picnic Company’s services, you can begin by providing details about your special (or casual) occasion. (I mean, let’s be real, I love being extra so I would have a picnic just to have one.) I’ll link their contact form here. If you prefer connecting with Marc directly, you can message him through WhatsApp +52-322-288-2063.
The most important things to communicate are: the date of your event, location, headcount, and reason for the celebration, if any. Once you provide those details, The Picnic Company will provide a menu of their services and different packages to choose from. Marc and his team will work with you to fit your budget and desires to ensure you have the ultimate picnic experience.
If you are not staying in the Puerto Vallarta vicinity, no worries. They travel to nearby towns, which was really nice because we stayed in Sayulita.
Our Personal Experience
Our picnic was held at a nearby beach called Playa Carricitos. It was a short drive from Sayulita, which ended up being perfect because we were practically alone on this beach. The intimate experience was really nice to kickoff our five year wedding anniversary celebration.
As we were walking up to the picnic, I couldn’t help but to feel super giddy. The details – oh my gosh – the details were insane. All I could think about was, “They freakin’ outdid themselves!”
(Guys/Boyfriends – like imagine doing this for your girlfriend that is about to be your fiancé. She would flip – in a good way, of course, haha.)
Anyway, I could tell Jose was also excited. And as soon as he pulled out his phone to capture the moment, I knew he loved it as much as I did.
Of course with rosé in order, we enjoyed our delicious charcuterie board, strawberry lemonade, and chocolate dessert. Afterwards, we enjoyed the ocean and went for a swim. We went back to our picnic to graze the rest of what was left and played one game that was in one of the baskets. It was a short scene from a movie – oh, so sweet. I’ll treasure this memory forever.
Things to Know
I created the below list to help answer any lingering question you may have:
- Picnics last three hours on average so plan for at least two hours minimum to maximize your time. If it’s a larger group, I would plan for three to four hours. (Picnics are created to last four hours.)
- Some packages include a photography session, which is really nice if you want to capture a special moment.
- If you are staying at a nearby town, The Picnic Company will confirm which beach is the best beach for your personal experience.
- The Picnic Company has you covered with a bluetooth speaker, a variety of playlists preloaded onto an iPad, games, selfie stick, lots of pillows, and shade/protection from the sun.
- If there is rain in the forecast, no worries. The Picnic Company is prepared for this type of scenario. They’ll simply protect the picnic with a tarp.
- Don’t drink? No problem. The Picnic Company offers nonalcoholic beverages.
- If you have a favorite bottle of wine, or champagne, you are encouraged to bring your favorites.
- The Picnic Company takes pride in cleanliness. Every pillow, blanket, etc. used for your picnic is washed between picnics. No complaints in this department.
- The Picnic Company has a webpage of additional FAQs, I’ll link it here for your review.
Puerto Vallarta is one of my favorite places to visit in Mexico. It is not like Cancun, where if feels commercialized, and overran by tourists. I love it for its authenticity, charm, delicious food, and friendly people. (Perhaps I should write a blog post about why I love it.) Anyway, my point is, The Picnic Company is now another reason why I love PV. I encourage you to visit (and book a picnic experience) if you can.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out! You can email me at email@example.com or send a DM on Instagram.
Ps. Did you know I have a TRAVEL section on my blog?!? Yep, that’s right! Check it out here.