Today, on mrsprofresh.com, I am sharing details about First Friday in Bryan, Texas. This community event has gained traction over the years and here is why…
What is First Friday in Bryan, TX?
First Friday takes place in the heart Downtown Bryan, a quaint and historic little town that’s relatively close to Texas A&M University. It is a little block party where the city blocks off streets so local vendors, artists, and musicians set-up their booths and exhibits. It is a lively atmosphere to escape the insanity of school work, if you are a student, or to simply enjoy with sweet family and friends.
This event has gained popularity over the years, and as a native Bryan girl, nothing makes me happier for my people. Locals and out-of-towners truly look forward to the first Friday of each month. It is an evening of street performers, local art displays, live music, and foodie vendors. You can catch the local band playing on the street corner while enjoying a yummy snack from a local food truck.
As your local guide, below is a compilation of places you must visit, and eateries you should consider, if you plan to explore the next First Friday.
From locally owned retail shops, you can find vintage resale finds, custom cowboy hats, and more! You can find pretty good specials during First Friday; local businesses sometimes offer complimentary snacks and beverages while you shop!
Here’s a list of favorites:
- Catalena Hatters – This is a MUST for custom-fit cowboy hats made by hand.
- Texas Rose Boutique – Connected to the famous Catalena Hatters, this cute boutique offers western wear and accessories for women.
- Pot Heads Plant Shop – A popular nursery with high-quality plants + variety of pots and planters.
- Sparrow Lane – This shop offers unique European antiques, home décor, and gifts.
- Itza Bip – This place is perfect for high-quality artisanal finds from Mexico, including hand embroidered clothing.
- Corner of Time Antiques Mall – This place is SO fun and interesting to walkthrough, even if you’re just looking. It will take you back in time.
You will quickly discover the wide array of delicious restaurants in the area. However, don’t miss out by checking out our top picks!
Burger + Fries:
- 3rd on Main – 201 South Main Street, Suite 201A
- Proudest Monkey – 108 South Main Street
- Billy’s Grille & Bar – 100 Main Street
- Casa Rodriguez – 300 North Bryan Avenue
- Cilantro Mexican Grill – 106 North Parker Avenue
- Taco Crave – 308 North Main Street
- Mr. G’s – 201 West 26th Street
- RX Pizza – 200 West 26th Street
Know Before You Go
In case you missed it, First Friday happens every first Friday of each month. This fun-filled event begins at 5 PM and ends at 10 PM. The sooner you arrive, the better parking options you’ll have. Free street parking is available, but if you have trouble finding parking you can opt for the below options too:
- Papa Perez Parking Lot, 200 S. Main St. – Free parking available
- Roy Kelly Parking Garage, 200 E. 27th St. – $5 parking fee
- Gloria Stephan Sale Park, 315 S. Main St. – Free street parking available
Another option is the free shuttle bus. They will pick you up in front of the Blinn College Bookstore, located on E. 29th St., and drop you off at the Roy Kelly Parking Garage. Shuttle hours are from 5:30 PM to 10 PM.
Well, my dear, this wraps up today’s take on First Friday in Bryan, TX! I hope that you’re inspired to check out this neat community event. It is a must if you are in town and fun for the whole family, or friends.
As always, if you have any questions, shoot an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a DM on Instagram. I would be happy to help!