If there is one thing I am guilty of is owning a lot of black clothing. My collection will most likely decrease after I tidy up the apartment next month. The question is, what is it about the color black that attracts a lot of people? My best guess is because it speaks elegance and classiness. To me, it is always a safe choice. I have a little saying and it goes like this, “When in doubt, listen to Drake, wear black, and eat Chick-fil-A”. In other words, if I ever have a hard time deciding what to listen to, what to wear, or what to eat, I’ll go with the above safe choices.
Today, on the blog, I am diving a little deep into one of my safe choices – the combination of black + white clothing.
If you do not work in an office setting, please do not limit yourself. These are all picks that could be worn to church or a special celebration.
- Ruffle short sleeve top: I love everything about this black blouse! The delicate ruffles and the tie at the neck are my favorite things about it. Great piece as the warmer temperatures begin to creep in. Pair this baby with any of the linked skirts, or your favorite slacks, and you’re good to go.
- Button detail top: I think this top whispers, “Relax. It’s going to be a great day.” Just call me the top whisperer from now on. In all seriousness, this top looks pretty comfy. I love three-quarter sleeves for summer and the black cuff buttons make a great statement.
- Textured top: It is hard not to fall in love with the billowed statement sleeves. I’d definitely wear a thin belt to accentuate the waist. This top is also a great transitional piece for your weekend ensemble.
- Button-front pencil skirt: I must admit, it was a little hard finding white skirts. I am not sure why but perhaps it may be a little too early in the season. I managed to find this button-front pencil skirt though and I am digging it. Peep the price, it is 60% off!
- Wrap-front pencil skirt: Let’s be real – black skirts are a staple! There is no wrong season to wear a black pencil skirt. I am especially drawn to this one because I love the wrap-effect on the front section. I may dare to pair it with sneakers on the weekend, the model in the video pulled off the casual look so well.
- Patch pocket pencil skirt: If you could guess which retailer would carry a white pencil skirt, which one would you guess? If you guessed Express, then you are correct! This store is pretty good at stocking up the best workwear. This pencil skirt has pockets – and that alone is a winner in my book! It also comes in black.
- Flounced-hem dress: I love a few things about this dress: the price, the pockets, and the flare silhouette. Super adorable and perfect for s/s! I have a pink dress resembling this style and often get asked where I purchased it from so I figured someone would love this white one too!
- Side-cinched, wrap-font pencil skirt: If you’re into the wrap skirts, here is a different option cinched at side.
- Faux leather pencil skirt: Currently, I own one faux leather skirt, and without failure, every time I wear it someone usually asks where I purchased it from. It’s been about two years since I bought it, and since it’s beginning to look worn out, I am thinking about replacing it with this one. Love all the color options, I may get it in light pink!
- Bell-sleeve dress: What a true classic! This dress is the definition of flawless. Transitions perfectly from the office to date night.
The ultimate way to seal your #profreshlook is with a scarf! I found these two adorable options – the kelly green and the reversible skinny. A pop of color is always a fun way to bring any outfit to life!